KITSCOTY ARENA - ICE SURFACE GUIDELINES:
- Drop off is available in front of the main entrance. Dropping off participants is encouraged, rather than guardian accompaniment, wherever possible to minimize the number of people entering the arena at once.
- All participants and guardians (when required for younger players) will be asked to enter and exit the facility individually. Groups are only permitted if they are made up of individuals who live together.
- Whenever possible spectators are encouraged to use the south lobby door to exit the building.
- Participants and spectators are asked to arrive no earlier than 30 minutes prior to scheduled ice session and to vacate the building within 30 minutes of finishing on ice portion of development.
- All participants and guardians are asked to use supplied hand sanitizer of a minimum 60% alcohol upon entering and exiting the facility.
- Maximum occupancy for spectators is 100.
- The ice surface will have a 50-participant maximum per on ice session. The 50 person maximum includes all players, coaches and officials.
- Facility will be equipped with proper signage as per Alberta Health Services guidelines in regards to hand sanitizing, social distancing, and cover for coughs and sneezes.
- Any person who exhibits symptoms of COVID-19, has travelled internationally in the 14 day prior to use, or has been in close contact with a case of COVID-19 must stay home.
- Groups will be designated a suitable amount of dressing rooms for proper physical distancing. This will allow participants to have a safe space to put on their helmet, gloves and skates prior to entering the ice surface.
- Coaches will be asked to keep a safe distance from all participants.
- Ice time will be conducted in cohort groups of maximum 50 participants, and on/ off ice sessions will be conducted in a way, as much as possible, to ensure proper physical distancing is being maintained.
- Each session will have a documented attendance of participants and coaches should it be required for health and safety purposes completed by the renter.
- Lobby, spectating area and public washrooms will be sanitized periodically throughout each day, according to AHS guidelines the facility adheres to.
- Dressing room hallway benches will be sanitized and wiped between each group in the allotted time frame and the entire area will be sprayed down completely at the end of each night.
Please note: this document is subject to change as the provincial and federal health and safety requirements are updated going forward.
Kitscoty Arena Board
Kitscoty Arena Board